The Trac Concept Being in balance.
Protecting agricultural land is our primary goal. A low vehicle weight, high rolling-over speed, a carried load (as opposed to pulled), and the right driving strategy are the key factors. The large-volume tyre completes the Trac concept. The Terra Variant 435 combines optimum soil conservation and greatest possible manoeuvrability with a perfectly coordinated volume.
With a turning radius of only 6,80 m and two steering axles, the Terra Variant is extremely manoeuvrable. Its wheelbase of 4.26 m and the central tubular frame guarantee maximum stability in every situation.
Satisfied customers in all fields:
- 6.80 m turning radius – for small fields
- 2 planetary steering axles – for optimum manoeuvrability
- 4.26 m long wheelbase – for very good stability
- Stable central tubular frame – as the basis for maximum longevity
- Comfortable chassis with 3rd and 4th axle for driving on roads – for your safety in road traffic
When working with loads, it is important that the mounting area is ideally positioned on the tractor. Only in this way, can perfect weight distribution be guaranteed – and this is the prerequisite for optimum soil conservation and driving comfort.
Sustainable and efficient work:
- Carried loads - not pulled – the basis for all soil protection
- 16 m³ slurry build-up – perfectly matched to the vehicle
- Ideal weight distribution – for best driving characteristics
The Terra Variant 435 in the standard version is equipped with MICHELIN CerexBib. This brand new tyre technology allows for a low inner tyre pressure of min. 1.2 bar with a footprint of up to 0.78 m² per wheel, enabling best soil preservation.
Terra tyres for optimum soil protection:
- Low tyre pressure – for maximum soil preservation
- Large footprint of up to 0.87 m² per wheel with MICHELIN CerexBib 2 VF 900/60 R38 – for the prevention of harmful compaction and for optimum weight distribution
- Low track depth – for uniform growth
- High roll-over speed – for low soil compaction
- Row crop tyres – for spreading in row crops
Offset track driving ensures that each surface is rolled over only once. Each wheel has its own track. The four wheels of equal size make the weight evenly distributed. This consistently prevents soil damage from compaction. Given the large contact surfaces of the tyres in the diagonal steer, load and traction force are transmitted over a wide surface area – with optimal slip values at the same time. This is how real soil preservation works.
The Terra Variant 435 steering modes:
- All-wheel steering – for maximum manoeuvrability
- Automatic steer left/right – for rolling over wide areas and stable driving behaviour on side slopes
- Four-wheel steering – for using the multi-pass-effect during lane-in-lane rides
- Manual steering – for independent steering of the rear axle by joystick
- Road driving – for high road safety in public traffic
Front axle suspension and slope support
Safety and consistently high driving comfort is ensured by the unique HOLMER front axle suspension with slope support and automatic levelling control. In connection with the wheelbase of 4,26 m and the wide Terra tyres, the Terra Variant easily masters slopes with maximum driving stability.
Safety and driving comfort in all positions with the Terra Variant:
- Fully automatic and stepless level control – allowing operators to concentrate on their tasks
- Spring hardness adjustable in three steps – to adapt to local conditions
- Floating axle with all degrees of freedom – for maximum terrain adaptation
- Lockable slope supports – to adapt to local conditions
- Active suspension even with locked slope support – for ideal driving comfort even on slopes
ConceptBe one with yourself.
MotorOrganise your powers.
Engine technology from Mercedes Benz and its low weight make the Terra Variant 435 the perfect vehicle for spring use. With 435 PS / 320 kW, attachments up to 3 t can be used without any problems and loads are supported in a way that protects the soil. The Terra Variant meets the exhaust gas standard Tier V. AdBlue ensures that nitrogen oxides generated during the combustion process are converted into pure nitrogen and water during the exhaust gas after treatment – for the sake of our environment. For regular maintenance work, access to the engine area is possible – for safety and ergonomic working conditions.
The „small" Terra Variant:
- 435 PS / 320 kW – for appropriate power reserves
- Exhaust gas level Tier V – environmentally friendly
- Optimal torque characteristics – for efficient engine performance
- Max. torque 2,100 Nm at 1.300 rpm – for low engine speeds and low fuel consumption
- Automotive speed control – for consumption-optimised operation
- Low diesel consumption – for optimum cost control
- Engine located in front of the front axle – where it is cleanest
- Easy accessibility – for ergonomic maintenance work
- Hydraulically reversible fan with time control – for clean cooling elements
- Diesel and AdBlue tank caps next to each other – for fast refuelling
Drive trainStay ahead.
The „small" Terra Variant has an innovative hydrostatic travel drive with independent single-axle drives, which enables stepless travel from 0-40 km/h – cardan shafts to the axles are therefore no longer required. Two separate travel drive pumps are installed on the pump transfer case for independent control of the axles. Each axle drive therefore has its own power supply.
New vehicle, new concept:
- Hydrostatic travel drive – for seamless travel from 0-40 km/h
- Two single-axle drives – for driving without cardan shafts
- Large drum brakes – for your safety
- Compressed air brake system optional – for towed attachments
- Central lubrication – for all important lubrication points
- Lubrication intervals adjustable – for individual applications
- Top speed 40 km/h on the road – for fast transfer
- Top speed of 32 km/h in field driving – for efficient working
Three-point mountKeep promises.
The fully hydraulically pivotable rear power lift of the Terra Variant has been specially designed for the professional spreading of fertiliser. Only the Terra Variant has this unique technology.
The three-point mount which is suspended on the main frame via a two pivot cylinder arranged transversely at the bottom features fully automatic pivoting to the left and right. All the connection points between the vehicle and the attachment are always in a straight line of traction thanks to the fully pivoting frame, even in diagonal steer mode. This allows the material to optimally absorb the forces during slurry application – for perfect durability of the components.
A loading or unloading system is integrated as standard for slurry injectors. By pressing a button on the terminal of the attachment, the driver can either pressurise the attachment in dry conditions or relieve pressure in wet conditions.
Unique for self-propelled machines:
- Fully tiltable three-point mount – for maximum stability
- Three-point mount category III – for attachments of up to 3 t
- Straight-acting forces – for stress-free use and thus the longevity of all assemblies
- 3 double acting control units; time and quantity adjustable – for absolute flexibility
- Load-sensing and power-beyond – for optimum oil supply
- Standard loading and unloading – for slurry injection into stationary stock
- Three-point mount freewheel over the terminal easy to adjust – for lowest wear
- Integrated into the central lubrication system – for maintenance free work
- Top link in category 3/4 – perfectly aligned to attachments
- Safety hook or ball eyes can be selected for lower links – for various attachments
IlluminationAlways keep ahead.
The illumination concept of the Terra Variant turns night into day. This also ensures optimal visibility during night-time work. The operating range of the machine is illuminated up to 100% by max. 31 LED headlights. This guarantees maximum safety during suctioning or when monitoring the attachment – especially at night.
More light, more safety:
- Perfect lighting of the work area – for your safety
- Max. 31 LED headlights with up to 3,400 lm – for optimum illumination on the field and road
- Standard 4 x 1,950 lm powerful LED low-beam and high-beam headlines, including daytime running light rings – for road driving comfort
Cabin Have profile.
The dynamic design makes the Terra Variant 435 unique – edged, manly, powerful. The driver has the perfect all-round view because of the bonnet with frontal slope, the sideward suction pipe and the integrated exhaust silencer – for even more safety on field and road. The tried and tested HOLMER Comfort Cabin II also ensures comfortable machine operation around the clock on the Terra Variant 435 – for satisfying work.
After all, the operator is our priority:
- Perfectly clear vision – for your safety on the field and road
- Operator oriented controls – for ergonomic working
- Powerful climate control and tinted thermal insulation glass – for a cool head
- Hydrodynamic cabin suspension – for optimum driving comfort
- Excellent sound insulation with only max. 63 db volume – for operating comfort
- Spacious layout with storage – for personal freedom
- GRAMMER active seat: Specially built for HOLMER – because you are the focus of our developments
HOLMER SmartDrive Everything under control.
HOLMER SmartDrive is the intuitive operating concept for HOLMER machines. The combination of touch terminal, joystick, jog dial and three-point control unit ensures that every desired function is quickly and easily accessible. Freely programmable keys and shortcuts ensure comfortable working – because the driver is our priority.
Networking through interfaces
Assembly functions and order management are displayed directly in the HOLMER EasyTouch terminal. In addition, an ISOBUS interface for data exchange is integrated. The signal socket enables the operation of additional devices such as catch crop shakers. Via a speed and hoist signal, it is thus possible to integrate these devices into the normal workflow.
The operator in focus:
- Intuitive operation – for easy and safe operation
- HOLMER EasyTouch 12.1-inch touch terminal – all information at a glance
- Operation of slurry technology fully integrated in the HOLMER EasyTouch – for maximum ease of operation
- Ergonomic multi-function arm rest with jog-dial and joystick – for comfortable vehicle operation
- Orientation of all controls to the operator – since the operator and machine are one unit
- Vehicle diagnostics – for speedy assistance
Driver assistance systems Have the overview.
We are constantly working on technical solutions to support and facilitate the operator‘s workload as much as possible – so they can focus on their actual task of delivering outstanding work.
The work facilitation of the future already here today:
GPS steering system – for the most precise closing-up
Through precise closing-up, track guidance systems relieve the operator‘s workload, save operating materials and preserve resources. In addition, tracks that have already been processed can be detected to the exact centimetre and re-used for subsequent machining operations.
You have the choice:
- GPS through Trimble Ready
- AB Line – for easy parallel driving
- A+-line – for stubble breakage at a preselected angle to the direction of working
- Adaptive curve – for closing-up driving in contour mode
- Identical curve – for driving around obstacles
Unique: With the HOLMER DynaProtect driver assistance system, soil and crop are optimally protected during slurry application. After the driver has preselected „grassland/grain“ or „row crop/stubble“, the system adjusts itself automatically.
On the level, the system guarantees even rolling of the wheels without leading – thus preventing damage to the growing crop or the turf and reducing slippage.
On a side slope on grassland, the lead of the front axle increases slightly – the vehicle is stabilised safely and the ground is protected to the maximum at the same time.
On side slopes in row crops, the lead is further increased in order to guarantee directional stability and thus protect the crop.
If reverse gear is engaged, the leading gear automatically changes to the rear axle. This makes driving safe and easy and guarantees the smallest turning radiuses. All settings are dynamic and depend on the information that the slope sensor reports live.
In road driving mode, a consistent zero lead is automatically set in order to protect the tyres and minimise fuel consumption.
Slurry technologyAlways be ahead.
The Terra Variant with tried and tested ZUNHAMMER slurry equipment: The answer to today’s and tomorrow’s challenges of spreading slurry for everyone. No matter whether it is high mineral fertiliser prices, stricter regulations for spreading and environmental protection, or the resulting shorter processing periods during the spreading of valuable organic fertilisers, the Terra Variant saves passages and work steps, thereby reducing plant production costs. In connection with individually combinable attachments, the Terra Variant works with valuable organic fertilisers in plant stocks or stubble, while being powerful, environmentally friendly and soil-friendly at the same time. In doing so, the Terra Variant concept sustainably saves soil structure and plant stocks.
The Slurry equipment of the Terra Variant 435 at a glance:
- 16 m³ tank volume – for perfect balance
- VOGELSANG pump system – for shortest extraction times of approx. 2 min.
- Side suction – for perfect visibility and safety
- Straight line conduit – for low flow losses
- Modular principle with the „big brother“ Terra Variant 585 – for fast spare parts supply BODY CONTROL
Pump technology Have passion.
The tried and tested VX 186-368 QD high-performance rotary piston pump from VOGLESANG guarantees reliably high suction and pump speeds of up to 9,000 l/min. In this way, 16 m³ of liquid slurry is suctioned in about two minutes.
Since it depends on the optimum pump:
- Two-stage hydraulic motor directly on the rotary piston pump – for optimum suction and higher spreading volumes
- HiFlo® pistons and a standard quick-service version – for long running times, low maintenance costs and minimal pulsation
The Terra Variant is fitted as standard with the VOGELSANG cutting unit RotaCut® 10000 MXL for maximum protection of the slurry pump. Fibres or foreign objects such as grass, straw or stones, are reliably cut or separated. The high throughput capacity of the cutting screen also ensures a cavitation-free run of the rotary piston pump during suction.