The vehiclefor several applications.
Welcome to the professional league: more than just a machine - the Terra Variant concept
The Terra Variant with the proven ZUNHAMMER Gülletechnik equipment for semi-liquid manure: The most powerful answer to the challenges of today's and tomorrow's agriculture. No matter whether mineral fertilizer prices are rising, spreading and environmental protection measures are subject to ever stricter regulations or the processing periods in spreading organic farming manure are thus shortened - the Terra Variant saves driving cycles and operations, thus reducing the costs involved in crop production. In conjunction with attachments which can be combined individually, the Terra Variant integrates valuable organic farming manure into crops or on stubbles in an efficient, environmentally compatible way which simultaneously is gentle on the soil.
Saving the soil thanks to a large footprint:
The tire size, payload and traction are transferred on a large surface area in diagonal steer mode while maintaining optimized slip
Efficient thanks to the hopper volume:
The self-propelled machine with a power of 598 HP, a capacity of 21 m³ and VOGELSANG pump system ensures reliably high daily delivery rates up to 160 m³/h within a separate procedure while optimizing integration into the soil
Efficient thanks to logistics:
Whether as shuttle for road transport with the Terra Variant located in the field - every machine is utilized where it has the most impact, thus reducing costs for fuel and wear for all vehicles.
Speed thanks to optimum semi-liquid manure flow:
Short distances and optimum pipe diameters are characteristic for the Terra Variant. A specially adapted guide system for the intake line (NW 250 mm) minimizes pressure loss within the system. Extremely short intake times are achieved in conjunction with the powerful rotary pump. All the piping on the pressure side has been designed for maximum dosing accuracy in NW 200 mm. Two hydraulic gate-valves and the integrated three-way cock switch between the functions "Filling tanker", "Transferring" and "Spreading".
- Intake pipe pivotable laterally through 170°, 5.70 m long – for a maximum transfer overreach
- All the important features are accessible via joystick - for ergonomic operation
- Filling shut-off automatically - to ensure clean working
- Intake of fluid at idle speed - to save fuel
- Intake pipe with automatic folding feature - to facilitate the operator's work optimally
- Precise, fully automatic control of spreading rate - for precise spreading result
- Task Controller incl. job management – for automatic recording
Prepared for ZUNHAMMER VAN-Control – for precise recording of nutrients
BERGMANN universal spreader
Whether you are spreading compost, solid manure, separated digestates or carbonation mud, high-quality solid fertilizers need to be injected precisely within short periods of time. The basis for this is a high-impact injection technology. With the BERGMANN spreader superstructure, the Terra Variant combines impact and soil protection to inject a wide range of spreading media.
- Large loading volume
- High working speeds
- Conical full-steel container
- Precise spreading
- Work widths up to 30 meters
HOLMER GB 25 grain holding tank & HOLMER MB 35 multi tank
Harvesting machines must work more and more efficiently in shortening windows of time. Holding times due to emptying the grain tank or the beet tank need to be reduced. For the sake of modern field logistics, HOLMER has therefore developed special holding tanks for the Terra Variant. Harvest volumes are transferred using these holding tanks, directly from the combine harvester, crop chopper or sugar-beet harvester, and transported to the edge of the field in a way that protects the soil.
Under optimal harvesting conditions, harvesting takes place non-stop – the Terra Variant handles the logistics.
- Improves lifting and threshing performance
- Increases the annual capacity of the harvesting machines
- Soil-protecting transport of harvested volume
- Minimizes deep tracks and multi pass effect
- Reduces soil processing costs
- High discharge performance
- HOLMER swap system
HOLMER VTU 19
Maintenance and cleaning valves for all of the important assembly groups
Variable applications – specialized uses. With the VTU 19 transport superstructure, HOLMER is responding to growing demands in the area of mineral fertilizer incorporation. In the two 9.5 m³ halves of the tank, the VTU carries seeds and/or fertilizer for sowing, strip tillage or grubber fertilization. The high tractive output of the Terra Variant allows large work areas to be covered. The high transport capacity secures efficient machine usage through short holding times and long utilization times.
- Precise mineral fertilizer incorporation
- Efficient fertilizer use
- Customized fertilizer mixtures possible
- Reduces the number of trips
The conceptfor maximum output.
Engine – Gearbox – Chassisfor efficient power transfer.
- 598 HP (440 kW) Mercedes Benz engine – for maximum performance
- Tier 4i exhaust gas level with SCR technology ensures minimum exhaust emission
- Automotive driving for fuel saving and optimal facilitation of the operator's workload
Power reserves for any task
Utilizing fuel in a way that makes sense: Automotive driving provides two driving strategies which are optimally adapted to the requirements in question, facilitating the operator's workload at the same time.
- Eco Mode: The Terra Variant automatically selects the optimum gear in accordance with the power required.
- Fixed speed: The driver is enabled to define individual gears and to save the engine speeds for every gear.
Driving comfort as core competence
Efficient power transmission and maximum traction: The proven powershift gearbox FUNK DF 500 with 18 forward and 6 reversing speeds provides you with the perfect gear change.
Safety coupled with constantly high driving comfort: this is what the special HOLMER front axle suspension with hillside compensators and automatic levelling ensures. In conjunction with a wheelbase of 4.80 m and the wide Terra tires, the Terra Variant masters slopes without any problems while maximizing driving stability.
- Fully automatic, progressively variable levelling
- Adjustable spring setting
- Floating axle for adaptation to the terrain
- Full suspension comfort also on slopes
- Adjustable hillside pressure compensator
Chassis conceptSoil preservation in all situations.
Chassis concept – Soil preservation in all situations.
Diagonal steer prevents the soil from being rolled over several times. The Terra Variant helps avoid damaging soil compaction. The wide Terra tires save the soil as does driving at diagonal steer by rolling over each part of the soil only once.
Various steering modes:
- All-wheel steering for maximum manoeuvrability
- Diagonal steer, left-hand/right-hand, to ensure a wide wheel rolling surface, and stable driving characteristics on lateral slopes;
- Four-wheel steer to utilize the multi-pass effect in the case of driving track in track
- Manual steering to steer the rear axle independently via joystick
- Roadwork mode – ensuring a high level of driving safety in public road traffic thanks to the hydraulic connection between the front and rear axles
Three-pointmount keeps its promises.
Designed specifically for professional spreading of semi-liquid manure: The fully hydraulically pivoting rear power lift of the Terra Variant meets the most testing standards.
The three-point mount which is suspended on the main frame via a pivot cylinder arranged transversely at the bottom features fully automatic pivoting. All the connection points between the vehicle and the attachment are always in a straight line of traction thanks to the fully pivoting frame, even in diagonal steer mode.
- Three-point mount, category IV – for professionals
- 5 double-acting control units – for absolute flexibility
- Load-Sensing and Power-Beyond – to ensure optimum oil supply
- Loading or unloading as standard feature for injection of semi-liquid manure into growing crop
- Adjustable freewheeling of three-point mount - to reduce wear
Comfortable cabComfort for those longer days.
Working round the clock in a relaxed and economically efficient manner: The fully redesigned HOLMER comfortable cab II combines safety and driving comfort to perfection.
- Spacious design with storage space provides personal freedom
- Large-size, cambered windows – for optimal visibility
- Sound insulation at a noise level of only 61 d(B) – for absolute peace and quiet
- Powerful automatic air conditioning helps you keep cool
- Driver-oriented control elements – for ergonomic working
- Light package with optional LED or xenon headlights ensure maximum safety
- Optional GRAMMER active seat Actimo Evolution with automatic adaptation to the driver's weight, active seat ventilation and pneumatic lumbar supports provide perfect driving comfort
HOLMER SmartDrivefor stress-free working.
The operator is our most important person: all operating elements are impeccably designed to meet his requirements. His work is optimally relieved by operator assistance systems and intuitive operation in the Terra Variant. Even long working operations can thus be relaxed.
- 12.1 inch HOLMER EasyTouch terminal provides a clear display
- HOLMER multi-function armrest for ergonomic working
- Joystick and jog dial for optimum operation of the vehicle
- Vehicle diagnostics for speedy assistance
Linking through interfaces
Common interfaces in agricultural engineering:
The HOLMER ISOBUS solution displays body features or Task Controller incl. job management clearly on a separate ISOBUS terminal.
The signal plugbox permits operation of supplementary devices, e. g. the catch crop spreaders. A speed and hoisting gear signal permits integration of these devices into standard workflows.
Assistance systemsto facilitate the operator's workload to a maximum degree
Manoeuvring with ease: The headland management feature TerraControl performs the required workflows automatically and relieves the operator's workload during long operations. All the relevant vehicle and body features can be saved individually. Intuitive operation.
Facilitating the operator's workload to a maximum, saving operating equipment and being gentle on resources: Thanks to precise closing-up, track guidance systems guarantee the detection of processed tracks to an inch to ensure perfect working results. The Terra Variant is optionally available with Trimble Ready™. Various Trimble steering systems can be designed individually.
All the known parallel motions are available both in diagonal steer and in four-wheel steer mode.
- AB line – for straightforward parallel driving
- A+-line – for stubble breakage at a preselected angle to the direction of working
- Adaptive curve – for closing-up driving in contour mode
- Identical curve – for driving round obstacles one time only
Quick swap systemfor several applications.
Utilizing the Terra Variant's load capacity in an optimum fashion:
It only takes 30 minutes to swap the body thanks to the optional HOLMER quick swap system, using the comfortable support provided by the vehicle's hydraulic system.