Terra Dos T4-30 / Terra Dos T4-40Technologically always the best in its class.
The HOLMER Terra Dos T4 is the best beet lifter of all times – no matter whether with two or three axles. This is the reason for the Terra Dos T4‘s modular design. Thus, innovations from practice are directly introduced into all series. In addition, carry-over parts facilitate spare parts management, the uniform operating concept ensures user friendliness and the identical design stands for optimum serviceability.
Same modules make life easier:
- Mercedes engine with 652 HP / 480 kW – for working economically
- Wide elevator conveyors, transfer webs and discharge elevators – for highest throughput
- Same transverse and longitudinal slat conveyors – for fastest possible discharge
- Intuitive HOLMER SmartDrive operating concept – for ideal driving comfort
- Directly powered axles with automatically controlled lead – for traction and track accuracy on slopes
- Sustainable overall concept – for your success
- Consistently lightweight construction and therefore up to 3 t lighter than comparable competitive models – because soil conservation begins with vehicle weight
- High-strength steels S700 – for stability in the toughest conditions
- Perfect hydraulic design – for maximum performance during use
- View Terra Dos T4-30
- View Terra Dos T4-40
Terra Dos T4-30
- 2 driven axles – for easy rolling over
- Tank capacity 30 m³
- Optional: Front axle with MICHELIN VF900/60 R 38 CerexBib 2 and rear axle with MITAS SFT 1250 /50 R 32 – for the largest footprint in its class
Terra Dos T4-40
- 3 power-driven axles
- Tank capacity 45 m³
- Thrust tube suspension of the third axle – for all degrees of freedom
- Additional longitudinal slat conveyor to discharge the rear tank area
- Divided and a split filling auger for gentle filing
- Centrally arranged discharge elevator – for gentle tank emptying in approx. 50 sec
Topper Be precise.
The leaf stalk has approximately 5-7 cm – depending on the area of application and setting – which the topper of the Terra Dos T4 leaves on the sugar beet. The remaining leaves are cut off.
The automatic depth control of HOLMER EasyLift is also extended on the topper. This is automatically adjusted in height – leaving only as many centimetres of leaf stalk that the operator has previously set; elaborate adjustments are no longer needed. When the roller speed is changed, the topper is readjusted automatically. The topper height is guided hydraulically and without the support wheels.
The HOLMER integral topper HS I and the HOLMER combi-topper HS KO provide solutions for various types of use when dealing with leaf mass.
- Topper shaft with 600 mm diameter and forged T-blades – for optimum shredding with minimum wear
- Low topper speed – for low fuel consumption
- Fully screwed steel plate construction – for easy maintenance
- Leaf sensors can be hydraulically folded from the cabin – for the lowest setup times
- Automatic rapid excavation – for your safety
- Reduced vibration in the field and on the road – for shock reduction
The HOLMER integral topper, which places the shredded leaf between the rows of beets.
- Track-to-track lifting possible – for a clearer overview
- Nutrients are retained – as an organic fertiliser
- Uniform soil cover – as the best starting point for conservation soil cultivation and sowing
- Gentlest topper options – to preserve the soil
Option: HS KO
The HOLMER combi-topper, which either distributes the shredded leaf between rows of beets or spreads them over a previously planted area by means of a leaf spreader in the case of strong weed growth.
- Functions can be switched from the operator‘s seat during lifting processes – for comfort and flexibility
- Hydraulically powered, secured blade auger and spreader – for uniform spreading of large volumes of leaf and weeds
- Nutrients are retained on the field – as an organic fertiliser
- Leaf-harvesting possible with the HOLMER foliage band – for further use of the biomass
HOLMER has perfected the defoliating cutting technique with the DynaCut. Its new geometry allows the DynaCut to harvest the entire beet without any leaves left attached.
Because the beet head is your yield.
- More agile handling of the scalpers due to reduced weight – ensuring reliable scalping of beets even at high speeds.
- Adjustable head level at the push of a button – for optimum lifting results
- Rejection of beets that have been cut too low – for your yield
- New and thinner blade grinding – for a much longer sharp edge
- Easy maintenance and low service costs – for your profit
Lifter unitGet the best.
As early as 2009, the HR lifting unit had been awarded a silver medal by the DLG. At that time, the singlerow
depth guide for every pair of lifting coulters was revolutionary. Since then, HOLMER has steadily worked
on further developing the lifting unit. With HOLMER EasyLift, the single row depth control has been working
automatically since 2015 – for six, eight, nine or twelve rows.
The recipe for success of the HR lifter unit is its modular structure of the single row unit, which automatically
adapt to each sugar beet crop.
Because we invented the single-row depth guide.
- Best view into the lifting unit from driver‘s seat – ideal for monitoring the lifting quality
- Active and oscillating lifting movement of the shares – for the most gentle beet loosening and thus less root breakage
- Pulled arrangement of the share bodies – for low tractive force requirements
- Lifting depth per share in cm visible and adjustable in the cabin incl. warnings – for easy learning
- 70 mm lateral movability of all share bodies – for flexible row adjustment
- Integrated hydraulic, maintenance-free stone guard for each row – for best operational security
- Share field of vision and feeler shaft/roller speed can be adjusted independently of each other – for perfect lifting under all conditions
- 7 lifting and cleaning rollers – for more cleaning areas
- Incremental speeds from only 300-600 rpm – for the most gentle conveying
- Lifting rollers with 22-30 mm high spiral winding patterns – for maximum conveying
- Automatic reversing while lifting – for removing stones
- Option: Various lifting roller diameters for 2nd and 4th lifting rollers – for minimising
- losses with special crops and small beets
- Feeler wheels with 750-800 mm diameter – for automatic elevation of the lifting unit
Option: HOLMER EasyLift
The EasyLift that was developed by HOLMER automatically takes over the depth control of the individual share bodies so that each beet can be lifted at the optimum depth at all times. For this purpose, the on-board computer calculates the maximum heights of the beet from position measurements and automatically adjusts the working depth of the share bodies. Thanks to this automation, the full potential of the HR lifter can be reliably utilised with the same constant power.
The new ease of the lifter.
- No excessively low working depth – to avoid breakage losses and damage to the beet body
- No unnecessarily deep lifting – for less wear and lower fuel consumption; since 1 cm too deep means about 100 t / ha of unnecessary earth movement
- Automatic slope system – for optimum adaptation of the HR lifter on slopes
- Optimum relief for the operator through up to 2,600 regulations per ha – for working comfort
- Perfect lifting results even in the case of yield fluctuations, different beet forms due to different varieties, unevenness on the edge of the field or furrows, driving tracks, patchy populations, as well as soil conditions depending on the weather and location - for your profit
HOLMER tested a new type of share during the 2018 beet harvest:
The HOLMER DuraShare has a working life up to twice as long as that of a conventional lifting share. So it makes an important contribution to consistently high lifting quality, low wear costs and minimum downtime.
After the convincing practical test, DuraShare is available for sugar beet harvest 2019.
It lasts and lasts and lasts:
- Forged share from a single cast, so that material is used where it is needed – for more stability and less wear
- Small hard metal plates soldered onto the lower edge as wear protection – for longest durability
- Slipstream edge by small hard metal plates reduces contact with soil and stones – for lowest material wear
- Backward compatibility with previous Terra Dos – for maximum flexibility
- Design protection – to distinguish yourself from others
Option: Wide lifting units
Be it 8, 9 or 12 rows. The wide HR lifting units have been tried and tested for many years, as the world recordholder in beet-lifting with the HR 12 lifting unit shows. The additional rows increase the surface area of the Terra Dos T4 significantly. This helps to reduce the number of non-operating times and save crossings.
Because more shares simply lift more.
- Diagonal steer already possible with the first lifting – to prevent damaging soil compaction
- Modular design – for straightforward maintenance
- The basis for extensive excavation work – with substantial fuel savings
- Fewer crossing – for active soil protection
- High lifting speeds – for more area capacity
- Rapid loading onto loading vehicles of up to 4.00 m during lifting – for a coherent logistics concept
- Transport vehicle with suspension for road transport
- Wider tyres possible on the front axle – for optimum weight support
- Integral topper HS I can be hydraulically tilted by 180° – for easy transport
The fast-coupling frame developed and patented by HOLMER, HOLMER EasyConnect, expands the previous mechanical systems with an automatically coupled hydraulic and electrical supply interface.
Coupling can be so straightforward.
- Coupling in a one-man process in under 1 min – for the shortest setup times
- Convenient coupling and uncoupling from operator‘s seat (mechanical, hydraulic and electric) – for the safety of man and machine
- No manual coupling of heavy and rigid elements required – for perfect operating comfort
- Automatic recognition of HR 8/HR 9/HR 12 – for the straightforward use of different lifting units
Clean, undamaged beet means more money. The Terra Dos T4 provides the perfect basis for this. All of the cleaning and transport units, such as the transfer web, turbines and elevator are optimally adjusted for maximum flow rates and perfect cleaning. Together with the new portal axle and the single axle drive concept, the flow rate on the transfer web has been increased by 40 % compared to the previous model.
Because only clean beets are your profit.
- Incremental adjustments in transfer-web speed, turbine speed and elevator height can be made from the driver’s seat – for optimum cleaning
- The 900-mm-wide transfer web can be divided (50, 60, 70 mm), as well as the segment grates in the turbines (spring tines or sliding grates) for varying harvesting conditions
- Transfer web and elevator belt made of most modern, ultraflexible fabric – for longer durability
- Forged guide rails, turbine tines and carriers on the elevator belt – for less wear and less weight
- Strengthened feeder bars on the elevator – for maximum stability with big harvest yields
- Optional: Quick-change frame for grate – for short setup times
- 1000 mm-wide elevator with incrementally variable speed – for quickly transporting the beets to the tank
On the headland or at the end of a row there are often few sugar beet in the cleaning system. This increases the contact of each individual beet with the machine components. A higher speed of cleaning, as it is useful in the row for transporting high harvest quantities, leads to increased damage and broken beets. To avoid this, the speed of the HOLMER cleaning system adjusts automatically to pressure and also matches the driving speed of the Terra Dos T4.
One beet washes the other:
- Automatic adaptive cleaning plus – for optimum driver relief
- Independent drives of transfer webs and turbines, pressure-monitored and speedcontrolled – for reliably high cleaning and conveying performance
- Adjustment of transfer belt, turbines and elevator additionally dependent on driving speed –for maximum beet protection when there are few beets in the cleaning system
- Adjustable settings for the response of the automatic – for optimum adaptation to different harvesting yields
Tank Be sincere.
With the automatically controlled, switchable holding-tank scroll, the beets are optimally distributed in the tank and the fill level is monitored by 2 ultrasound sensors. This constantly ensures optimal weight distribution and maximum traction.
In the Terra Dos T4-40, the tank auger is also divided. As soon as the hopper is completely filled at the back, the rear part of the auger turns off so as to not damage the beets.
The extended discharge elevator allows beets to be easily unloaded to a trailer while driving, or wide heaps to be created easily. Automatic in-line transverse and longitudinal, allow for fast emptying of the tank.
Transfer beets correctly.
- Tank volume of 30 m³ or 45 m³ – ideally suited for every field size
- 2 ultrasound sensors – for estimating yields and determining the fill level
- Terra Dos T4-40. 2-split hopper screw – for optimum filling
- Measuring of yield by number of bunkers and ton per job – for optimimum transportation planning
- Screwed cassette scraper floors – for easy maintenance and long durability
- Cleaner shaft between scraper floor and unloading belt – for additional cleaning
- Hardox® scraper floor rails – for maximum durability
- 1,800 mm-wide unloading belt with gentle PU carriers – for unloading times of less than 40 or 50 sec
- Terra Dos T4-40: centrally arranged unloading belt – for evenly fitting the unloading belt
- Unloading belt foldable three times with working position – for low vehicle height on the field
- Last articulated part stretched – for maximum loading height and/or distance and minimum fall height at the pile
- Rapid loading onto loading vehicles of up to 4.00 m during lifting – for a coherent logistics concept
- Automatic folding – for easy and fast change from road driving to working position
Motor and hydraulicsWorking efficiently.
Engine technology from Mercedes Benz makes the Terra Dos T4 the most efficient sugar beet lifter. No matter whether it is two or three axles. With 652 HP / 480 kW, the Terra Dos T4 is efficiently equipped for a wide range of operating conditions and has sufficient power reserves.
The Terra Dos T4 meets the exhaust gas standard Stage V. AdBlue ensures that nitrogen oxides generated during the combustion process are converted into pure nitrogen and water during the exhaust gas after treatment – for the sake of our environment.
Always perfectly matched.
- 652 HP / 480 kW – for power reserves and operating safety in any position
- Exhaust gas level Stage V – for the sake of our environment
- Performance dependent, automotive speed control of the engine between 1,150 and 1,550 rpm during lifting – for consumption optimised operation
- Powerful load-sensing hydraulic system – for economical supply of the entire working, drive and steering hydraulics
- Optimal, stable torque characteristics – for efficient engine performance
- Max. torque 3,100 Nm at 1,300 rpm – for spraying even at low speeds
- Hydraulically reversible fan with time control – for clean cooling elements
HOLMER EcoPowerIntelligent. Sparsam. Kraftvoll.
EcoPower, which was developed by HOLMER, is unique in the area of self-driving work machines. Depending on the current use (harvesting or transfer), EcoPower selects the optimum range within the diesel engine and drive system map. Thus, it always ensures optimum performance while keeping fuel consumption to a minimum.
Because we use fuel sensibly.
- Individual drives are decoupled when not in use
- Optimum operating point on the diesel engine
- Increase in efficiency of all assembly drive systems and the travel drive
- Increased efficiency thanks to an increased number of pumps and consequently optimum coordination between pump and assembly
- Overall optimisation of energy management
Chassis conceptBe stable.
The Terra Dos T4 is consistently manufactured in a lightweight and modular design.
A straight central tube frame made of high-strength S700 steel – from one piece – forms the reliable, weight-optimised base frame. The front part of the basic vehicle is connected to the main frame by means of a 60° articulated joint.
This is the basis for manoeuvrability in any situation and optimum weight distribution.
Simply intelligent driving.
- Swivel range of the bend of more than 60° – for maximum manoeuvrability
- Turning circle (inner) of only 6.50 m – for shortest non-productive times
- Front portal axle with slope support system – for large screen pass and stability in any position
With Terra Dos T4-40.
- Fixed to the middle axis that is connected to the frame – for a high basic machine stability
- Rear axle oscillating – for maximum terrain adjustment
- Rear axle hydraulically sprung incl. hydraulic load balancing – for optimum driving comfort
- Axle load regulation depending on the tank filling level – for optimum weight distribution
Propulsion – Be sincere.
Driving comfort, track accuracy and stability on slopes were priority development targets for the Terra Dos T4. Axles that are directly powered hydraulically with highly efficient inclined axle engines guarantee the most efficient power transmission and maximum performance.
In combination with the slope sensor, the innovative propulsion concept of the Terra Dos T4 automatically selects the ideal lead that is needed in every situation.
Use power where it is needed.
- Hydraulically powered axles with inclined axle engines – for the greatest efficiency
- Automatic adjustment of the lead – to avoid the bulldozing effect and for optimum traction
- Zero lead in road driving – to reduce tyre wear and fuel consumption
Full slope stabilisation system.
- Design-dependent low centre of gravity – for maximum stability
- Bend position close to the front axle – for the lowest centre of gravity
- Slope sensor – for real-time detection of the inclination angle
- Automatic slope support – for safe driving on slopes
- Automatic adjustment of the lead on the front or rear axle – for track accuracy on slopes and stability during turning manoeuvres
Tyres – Put your best foot forward.
Various tyre variants are available for the Terra Dos T4. Thanks to the systematic lightweight design, in conjunction with modern tyre technologies, air pressures of min. 1.3 bar are possible.
Because we love our soil.
- Low tyre pressure – for maximum soil preservation
- Automatic detection of different tyre sizes – for flexible tyre selection
- Optional: Large footprint of up to 0.86 m² per wheel with MICHELIN CerexBib IF 1000/55 R 32 – for the prevention of harmful compaction
- Optional: Terra Dos T4-30 (row spacing 50 cm) at the front with MICHELIN VF 900/60 R 38 CerexBib 2 and at the rear with MITAS SFT 1250/50 R32 – for maximum footprints
The offset track driving ensures that it is virtually impossible to roll over the same track twice. With the Terra Dos T4-30, each wheel has its own track. This consistently prevents soil damage from compaction. Given the large contact surfaces of the tyres in the diagonal steer, load and traction force are transmitted over a wide surface area – with optimal slip values at the same time. This is how real soil preservation works.
The Terra Dos T4 steering modes.
- All-wheel steering – for driving without articulated steering
- Turn steer incl. bend – for maximum manoeuvrability
- Diagonal steer left/right with 2 selectable steps – for rolling over wide areas and for stable driving behaviour also on slopes
- Combi-drive (combined turn and diagonal steer) – for the best soil protection during turning manoeuvres
- Four-wheel steer – for lifting with 6-row lifting units
- Manual steering – for independent steering of the rear axle by joystick
- Road travel (only the front axle is controlled by the steering wheel) – for incremental travel speeds of up to 40 km/h (also up to 13 km/h with articulated steering)
Illumination Keep an overview.
The illumination concept of the Terra Dos T4 turns night into day. This also ensures optimal visibility during work at night. The operating range of the machine is illuminated up to 100% by max. 28 LED headlights. This guarantees maximum safety during harvesting, threshing and turning – especially at night.
More light, more safety.
- Perfect lighting of the work area – for your safety
- A total of 28 LED working lights with up to 3,400 lm – for the best illumination on the field.
- Soft light – to protect the eyes
- 4 x 1,950 lm LED dipped beam and high beam headlights – for relaxed road driving
- Energy-saving LED engine compartment lighting – for safety during maintenance work even in the dark
Cab Have profile
The short season often requires long working days - so it is more important that the operator has an optimal working environment. In the HOLMER Comfort Cab II, all controls are, therefore, ergonomically oriented to the operator. The all glass, sound-insulated cab II, with its low-reaching, single, upward sloping front glass pane, provides an optimal view of the scalpers, lifting shares and cleaning rollers.
The tried and tested HOLMER Comfort Cab II thus ensures comfortable machine operation around the clock – for satisfying work.
After all, the operator is our most important person.
- GRAMMER active seat: specially built for HOLMER – because you are the focus of our developments
- Perfect view of scalpers, lifting shares and cleaning rollers, as well as the side areas and discharge elevator – for the best lifting results.
- Operator-oriented controls – for ergonomic working
- Hydrodynamic cabin suspension – for optimum driving comfort
- Excellent sound insulation with only 63 db volume – for operating comfort
- Electrically adjustable and heated rear-view mirrors – for an optimum viewing angle
- Spacious layout with storage – for personal freedom
- Powerful climate control and tinted thermal insulation glass – for a cool head
- Heating – for warm feet on cold days
- Incrementally adjustable steering column – for individual adjustment
- Optional: Data printer – for printing out orders instantly
HOLMER SmartDrive Everything under control.
HOLMER SmartDrive is the intuitive operating concept for the Terra Dos T4. The combination of touch terminal, joystick and jog dial ensures that every desired function is quickly and easily accessible. Short cuts ensure comfortable working – because the operator is our most important person.
The operator in focus.
- Intuitive operation – for easy and safe operation
- HOLMER EasyTouch 12.1-inch touch terminal – all information at a glance
- Ergonomic multi-function arm rest with jog-dial and joystick – for comfortable vehicle operation
- Orientation of all controls to the operator – since the operator and machine are one unit
- Discharge elevator controller in the left armrest with incremental regulation and automatic sequence control of the transverse and longitudinal scraper floors – for intuitive operation and ergonomic working
- Memory function for 6 individually adjustable basic machine settings (dry - normal - wet - uphill - straight - downhill) – for comfortable working
- Structured control panel for the 28 LED headlights – for fast operation
- Speed control – for field and road driving
- Vehicle diagnostics – for speedy assistance
Driver assistance systems Always clear.
The Terra Dos T4 is automatically steered during the the lifting process. The lifter always stays on track by means of the leaf sensor and the impulses of the coulter bodies, whose signals are output by the on-board computer as steering pulses for the axles.
With these and many other technical solutions, we can relieve and support the operator so that he can concentrate on his actual task of delivering excellent lifting quality.
Facilitating the operator‘s workload – tomorrow‘s solutions already here today.
- Row guidance via leaf sensor and share body – for automatic steering
- HOLMER TerraControl headland management – for automatic lifting and installation of the lifting unit
- Speed control – for comfortable driving and road driving
- TerraDat data management system with data export – for the most straightforward documentation
- Optional: HOLMER EasyLift – for automatic single-row depth guide
- Optional: HOLMER SmartTurn – for automatic turn manoeuvres
- Optional: Up to 6 colour cameras in the area of the transfer web, machine tail and unloading belt, as well as the HOLMER TopView with max. 270° panorama view – for a perfect overview
Option: SmartTurn – be smart.
The first headland management system for self-propelled harvesters. For the first time, SmartTurn combines the mechanical row steering system and the headland management system TerraControl on the beet lifter with GNSS-controlled headland turning, as is known from tractors. This makes automatic turning at the front end possible for the first time – including lifting and re-insertion of the lifting unit, as well as the necessary steering manoeuvres.
The joint development of REICHHARDT and HOLMER expands the Terra Dos T4 with a modern, automatic steering and smart-farming function to optimise beet harvesting and soil protection. The system has been awarded a DLG silver medal.
1. An acoustic signal indicates the optimum time for the turning process. The driver activates SmartTurn. The Terra Dos T4 automatically stops lifting when the stock limit is reached and it raises the lifting unit at the ideal point.
2. At the same time, GNSS steering takes over the turning process, using an ideal turning path. The system automatically checks the correct, next track.
3. There, SmartTurn automatically reinstates the lifting unit at the ideal point. The proven row sensor steering system then takes over control of the machine in the track. REICHHARDT SMART CONTROL records all data; these are available for documentation and evaluation.
The clever way to turn.
- Automatic control of the vehicle via GNSS or row sensor – so that the driver can concentrate entirely on monitoring the lifting quality.
- Always the best and shortest tracks on the headland without unnecessary manoeuvring – for optimum soil protection
- Automatic lifting and fitting of the lifting unit at the optimum time – for reduced wear and fuel consumption
- Quicker turning on the headland – for the shortest non-producing times
- Automatic insertion in the right row – to relieve the driver and to avoid loss of harvest
Option: EasyHelp 4.0 Be open.
HOLMER is developing the EasyHelp 4.0 telematics solution together with Bosch and Arvato Systems.
In addition to a further improved and extended service solution for remote diagnostics and maintenance for HOLMER service, EasyHelp 4.0 is also connected to the well-known farm management system Farmpilot. In this way, job data can be quickly and conveniently transferred online from the computer to the driver‘s cab. At the same time, the Terra Dos T4 reports current machine and order data to the dispatcher.
The Internet of Things here today.
- Complete transparency of machine data – for easy scheduling
- Online transfer of order data directly to the Terra Dos T4 – for efficient and convenient machine deployment
- In the event of a fault, immediate evaluation of the parameters by HOLMER Service – for straightforward problem identification, fastest service and perfect spare parts supply
- Connection to the agrirouter data exchange platform – for a manufacturer-independent solution and independence in the choice of farm management system